The Warren Holmes Company was founded in 1920 in Lansing, Michigan, by Warren Samuel Holmes. Holmes devoted his firm to the design of educational buildings based on the philosophy that would inspire education. Over time the firm expanded its focus, designing numerous municipal and commercial office buildings throughout Michigan and the Midwest.
In 1973 Warren Holmes Company merged with another prominent Lansing firm, Kenneth C. Black & Associates. The newly constituted firm was known as the Warren Holmes-Kenneth Black Company. Then, in 1986, the firm merged with Mayotte, D’Haene and Associates, also of Lansing, and became MBDS Architects. The legacy of the Warren Holmes Company (and Kenneth C. Black & Associates) continues to this day in the MAYOTTEgroup Architects.
The 1964 Warren Holmes Company office building is now part of the Central Free Methodist Church complex.
A catalog of Warren Holmes Company projects can be download as an 8MB PDF file here.